Friday, December 17, 2010

This week in the kitchen

I don't know about you, but I have been sooo busy. Even though this has been a busy Christmas season,  I have managed to find time to cook.  I have been baking and cooking some of the foods that I will be giving for gifts.  I just love giving food for gifts.

Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars recipe
Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars
Coconut Chocolate Almond Biscotti recipe
Coconut Chocolate Almond Biscotti


Picture of Apricot and Nut Cookies with Amaretto Icing Recipe
Apricot and Nut Cookies with Amaretto Icing

















In addition to the pictures above, I am also baking Cinnamon Rolls and a cookie called No Bake Cookies(real original huh).  I make these cinnamon rolls every year for my family--one of our Christmas morning traditions.  They are wonderful!!!  It is worth sabotaging your diet for these little jewels.  I also like to give these as gifts.  The No Bake Cookies are one of my favorites.  I received this recipe many years ago--actually when I was in my 20's. That was a very very long time ago.  I don't make them very often but I decided this year it was a good time to resurrect some of my old favorites plus they are incredibly easy.  I will post on the cinnamon rolls later and let you know about the other recipes.  I can't wait to tell you about my plans for next week.  Lots of ideas for Christmas.


Apricot and Nut Cookies with Amaretto Icing--Results:  These were very good and easy to make.  I confess that  I changed one ingredient.  I thought I had some Amaretto(almond liqueur), but I didn't so I substituted Frangelico.  Frangelico is a hazelnut liqueur.  Hey it is a nut too. I think I will try this recipe again and use dried cranberries.  


Coconut Chocolate Almond Biscotti--Results:  MmmmGOOD.  Loved!!   I love coconut and chocolate and this makes a great snack, breakfast or gift.  They are so good you will not want to give away.


Jumbo Overnight Cinnamon Roll-- Results:  As I mentioned above, I have been making these for years and they are wonderful.  They freeze great.  Did I mention just how good these rolls are??


No Bake Cookies--Results: I have had this recipe for over 30 years and I still love it.  I suppose I love anything with chocolate and peanut butter. 


Chocolate-Pecan Pie Bars--Confession:  I did not have time to try this recipe.  I will get around to it after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages