Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Day Menu














This was my Christmas Day Menu.  Our Breakfast/Brunch is the same every year.
If I did not make the breakfast pizza, I think my family would disown me.  Harrison(my son) does not understand why I only make it once a year.  Actually I don't either since it is such a simple recipe, however it does make this recipe very special when only made once a year.   The Cinnamon Rolls I make weeks in advance and freeze.  I change up our other food served that day depending on recipes that I want to try and the foods that I know my family would enjoy.

So this was the foods cooked in my kitchen for Christmas Day:

Breakfast Pizza- No Picture--As far as my children are concerned, this is the must have 
                                          recipe of the season.  It would not be Christmas without this
                                          for breakfast.

Jumbo Overnight Cinnamon Rolls



 These are always a hit at my house.  I also bake enough to give as gifts.  These freeze beautifully.  I just thaw the morning I am serving and either warm in oven on low temperature or microwave each one as needed.







Christmas Morning Baked Cheese Grits--No picture--I usually try a different grits recipe each
                                                                         year.  This one was good and convenient 
                                                                         since you could put together the night 
                                                                         before and just bake the next day.
Dinner

Appetizers:

Picture of Pastry-Wrapped Baked Brie with Truffled Crabmeat Filling Recipe Not sure I would make again.  Just ok.

Picture of White-Bean Soup Shooters with Bacon Recipe Great!!!
White-Bean Soup Shooters with Bacon
Main Course:














Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Cranberry-Port Sauce recipe Delicious!!  The Cranberry-Port Sauce is a must
 Roasted Cornish Game Hens with Cranberry Port Sauce


Potato Gratin with Rosemary Crust This was wonderful and so pretty.
Potato Gratin with Rosemary Crust


Green Beans Supreme--No Picture--I love this recipe.  It is just an easy and very good side.
                                                          This is one of the very few recipes that I make over and
                                                           over.

Desserts:





This was great.  I would definitely bake again.




 

Chocolate Chunk Cheesecake




This was the bomb!!  If you love chocolate you must try this recipe.  Fabulous!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages