Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis the Season

I love Christmas.  It gives you a reason to sup with friends.  Monday night I had the privilege of having dinner with some dear friends and guess what---the hubby did all the cooking.  I know--Wow!!  The highlight of the evening was an appetizer.  It was a duck breast, yes a Teal that had been flying the friendly skies only 48 hours prior to this meal.  These delectable little birds were shot out of the sky by the cook and they were fantastic.  After marinating in an unknown concoction, the chef/hunter made a slit in each breast and stuffed it with cream cheese and thin strips of jalapeno pepper.  He then wrapped each breast in proscuitto and then grilled for about 8 minutes.  They were delicious, tender and just down right good.  I wish I had the marinade recipe to share.  I only know that there was cinnamon somewhere in this recipe.  I know you are thinking, Yuk--cinnamon and duck???  I promise it was great.  

This photo may look a bit rare, but it was perfect!!

This photo is making my mouth water.



After the appetizer and a few cocktails, we all enjoyed his seafood gumbo.  Shrimp, Crab, Oysters--how can you go wrong with that combination?





What a great meal.  Did I mention that I love Christmas?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages