Monday, January 31, 2011

This Week in My Kitchen

Here's what's cooking in my kitchen this week


Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce recipe
Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce

                                                           
Chicken Mushroom and Swiss Quiche:  (Not Pictured)  I found this recipe in the  2009 Southern Lady Simply Southern Magazine.  It looks so good.
Results:  Good.  The egg mixture needs more salt.  Not sure I would make again.  Just ordinary.  I would prefer to try another recipe.

Pecan Cheesecake Bars:  This recipe also comes from the 2009 Southern Lady Simply Southern Magazine.  I had some cream cheese that needed to be used so this looked like a great recipe.
Results:  So good. What's not to like about this combination of ingredients.

Chicken Paillard with Creamy Parmesan Salad:  This is a Food Network Recipe by Tyler Florence.  I love his recipes and have been eyeing this one for some time.
Results:  Very easy, very quick, and very good!!!!  I was apprehensive about the salad dressing.  I think I would cut the lemon just a bit next time.  Even so, it was still delicious.  I could not find arugula in my little town so I used a spring mix.  Will definitely make again.  Thanks Tyler, I love your recipes. 

Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce:  I found this recipe on Fine Cooking web site.  I had the pork chops in my freezer and this seemed like a great way to use them.
Results:  Very easy and quick meal.  I only used 4 pork chops; however the recipe calls for 8.  If using 8,  I would double the mustard sauce.  I served with steamed broccoli and spooned a little of the mustard sauce on my broccoli.  Mmmm! 

Guess I better get to cooking.  Check back and I will give you the results and links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages