Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This Week in My Kitchen

Sorry, but I have been a slacker on my posting and cooking the past 2 weeks.  My mother and sister came to visit and spent a night with me.  We decided to go to a local restaurant instead of cooking. I was also preparing to go and visit my friends, who recently bought a condo in Auburn, Alabama,  their beloved alma mater.  I tell you all this to explain why I only cooked one thing last week.  I wanted to take something with me to Auburn so I made Muffuletta Dip. This is a Southern Living recipe.  My sister made this for a Super Bowl party and suggested I try it.  Great recommendation sis.  It was delicious!!!
Muffuletta Dip 


Thought you might like to see a few of the pictures from the weekend in Auburn.  
The Wilcoxes Condo.  So Nice!!!!!
What a great welcome mat
Little did I know that when I planned my trip to Auburn, it would be the week the news about the poisoned trees was released.  What a sicko that would poison 2 trees that were over 100 years old over the score of a football game.
The site of a very old tradition and according to the experts there is only a 10% chance the trees will survive the actions of a very sick man.
Fans gathering to remember happier times.
Could not resist getting my picture made in front of this tribute on the side of Tomer's Corner Drug Store


This was my first time back to Auburn since Harrison graduated.  What a treat!!!  A great place to be with some great friends.  Thanks Linda and Sammy for a wonderful weekend!  WAR EAGLE!
patti

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages