Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Taste Buds

After our summer hiatus, my cookbook club, The Taste Buds, reconvened for our September meeting. Peggy was our hostess and she decided to invite other cookbook clubs and have a tailgate theme.  We southerners do love our football teams and this was a great idea for September.  We could bring anything that we would want to take to a tailgate.  We had lots of great food, but first I have to say a few words about where this took place.  As I said, Peggy was our hostess and we met at what her family calls the pool house.  I wish I had photographed this house from the front/entrance but I was too interested in tasting all the good food and forgot.  This house is one gianormous room. It is so neat!!!!! It has the look of an old farmhouse.  I have only been there a few times, but I just love it.  You may wonder, why does anyone need a room/house like this, but believe me this family needs all the room they can get when they come together. There is a lot of them!!  Ok now for the pictures and food:

This gazpacho at the end of the table was fabulous and so smooth.  It would be so good at one of the early games in our very hot southern climate.  My mouth is watering!!

Patricia, Linda, Peggy(our hostess) and Anne

Lillajo, Gay(serving that delicious Gazpacho), Kathy and Anne


Along with great food comes good conversation. I wonder what they are talking about??


Another view of the table and you can also see more of this great room.

 Sissie and Peggy 

 Beth and Brenda standing by my dish.  Do you think they could be discussing how much they like my Tuscan Cheese Torta??


 Patricia, Gay, Jennifer, Linda and Peggy


Jennifer and Linda getting some of the delicious Do-Ahead Brisket from Dallas Dish. This brisket made great little sandwiches. I had two!!  Also a better peek into this fabulous room.


More hovering over the Do-Ahead Brisket. Did I mention how good it was!!!


Linda Kay trying the Salmon Tea Sandwiches.  OMG!!!!  Delicious!

Now on to pics of just the food.  I tried to photograph everything, but I missed some, so please forgive me if your item does not appear.  I also do not claim to be a photographer and some of my photos did not do your dish justice, so I decided not to include.  But here is what I have:
                                                                                                  





                    Chicken Couscous Salad                                                                          







      Pimento Cheese on Cornbread Toasts












             
               Salmon Tea Sandwiches






                       

                              Pickled Shrimp          














                 Tuscan Cheese Torta














                        Do-Ahead Brisket













            Rocky Road Fudge Bars







                     Outrageous Brownies














                            Elephant Ears








As you can see we had a variety of tailgate foods.  I might add that it was all delicious!  Now on to sitting down and chowing down.  Yum!!!


We are serious about cooking and eating.  Examining a cookbook for 2012.
Still eating - it was sooo good!

 Three other cookbook clubs were represented - Dishin Divas,  Red Roosters, and LeGourmet.
It sure was fun having all of you join the Taste Buds for our September meeting and many thanks to Peggy for this great idea and the use of her gianormous room.

If you are interested in any of these recipes, just let me know and I will try to get them posted for you.

patti


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages