Monday, November 29, 2010

Rosemary-Pecan Cheese Rounds

Well let's get started. I tried this recipe because I wanted something for all the fam to munch on while we were cooking and waiting to eat our Thanksgiving Feast. I also wanted something to take to the Copeland's house (Bailey's in-laws) while we watched the Iron Bowl.  Way to go Auburn.  War Eagle!!!  I got this recipe from Taste of the South's Christmas Cooking Magazine.  There are so many recipes I want to try in this issue.
Get all your ingredients together.  Is that not the prettiest Rosemary?  Straight out of my garden.  Love that garden!

I started by toasting my pecans.
Then I neglected my pecans and burned them, so I had to throw them in the trash.  This I would not recommend.
After I toasted another batch of pecans, I mixed all the ingredients with a mixer.  Then I formed the dough into a ball and wrapped it in plastic wrap and refrigerated for 2 hours.

I confess I lied, I refrigerated my dough overnight. The recipe said 2 hours but I was tired and decided to go to bed and tackle the rest of the recipe the next day.   Chip off a spoonful of dough and form into a 1 inch ball.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and place dough balls about 3 inches apart.

Flatten with the bottom of a glass and bake until golden brown.
They smell so good baking.
Let cool completely on wire racks.

Here they are all packaged and ready to go to the Copeland's

Patti notes:  These little gems were great.  Very tasty!!  I would definitely make again.  I froze about a 
                     dozen to test.  I will let you know later if taste and texture is altered by the freeze.

                    Click here for Printer Friendly Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages