Wednesday, March 23, 2011

This Week in My Kitchen

I have been out of my kitchen lately and I am looking forward to the recipes I have selected this week. Ready to get cooking!

Chipotle-Marinated Pork Chops with Chimichurri Sauce     Fiery


Roasted Cauliflower with Kalamata Vinaigrette


From top left:


Chipotle-Marinated Pork Chops with Chimichurri Sauce:  The weather is getting warmer and days longer so I decided to grill this week.  This is a cooking light recipe from June 2000.  I had some
canned chipotle peppers left from the salad dressing I made last week, so this sounded like a good way to use them.
Results:  These pork chops were actually good.  I was surprised at how much flavor they had while only marinating in chicken broth and peppers. Love a low fat way to add flavor to a dish.  I think I would add another pepper to the marinade the next time.  I did not like the chimichurri sauce.  Yuk--too much vinegar flavor for me.  I will make the pork chops again but never the sauce.

Baked Zucchini Fries:  (Not Pictured)  I found this recipe on another food blog(Two Peas and Their Pod).  I thought it would be a nice substitute for potato fries.
Results:  This was the hit of the week.  OMG these are delicious.  I served with the pork chops but they would be great with a burger as well.  I liked this so much, I made it twice this week.  Great with ketchup.

Fiery "Fried" Chicken:  This is a Real Simple recipe from 2007.  I love chicken and this is a low calorie recipe that looks "real simple".
Results:  Delicious!!  So easy and fast with lots of flavor. The recipe did not say how long to marinate the chicken.  I did it all day and it was perfect.   I will definitely be making this recipe again and again.

Roasted Cauliflower with Kalamata Vinaigrette:  I found this recipe at epicurious.com.  I enjoyed the roasted cauliflower I prepared a few weeks ago so much that I decided to try this one with the kalamata vinaigrette.
Results: This was great and the Kalamata Vinaigrette was to die for.  I loved it on the roasted cauliflower. So yummy.   I cant wait to serve this to guests.



Can't wait to try these recipes.  Check back for the results.

patti

1 comment:

  1. The baked zucchini fries sound great! I will have to give them a whirl!

    ReplyDelete

Pages